COME WORK AND PLAY WITH TEAM PENGYOU
We are a bunch of passionate people working to build
constructive, peaceful and positive relations between
the people of the United States & China. We work hard,
eat hot-pot, sing KTV, and race each other in go-karts.
We are a fun start-up team that happens to believe we can change the world. Join us to re-imagine the future of the US-China relationship.
POSITION: Intern (rolling applications)
Beijing, in our Hutong Courtyard office.
Join our rock-star team for the summer/ semester to support our online community, campaign and outreach development.
Project Pengyou is currently developing a massive grassroots campaign to mobilize Americans with frontline China experiences to become community leaders and ambassadors for our mission. Interns will play an important role in assisting us to roll out this campaign!
We are looking for students and recent grads who are flexible, hard-workers and passionate about US-China exchange. Interning at Project Pengyou is a great way to learn about the not-for-profit world, practice your Chinese and gain unique work experience. Our interns hold a lot of responsibility, participate in team brainstorms and work directly with the rest of the staff.
Possible Work Assignments:
- Community outreach (online and offline) for our campaigns and liaising with our Project Pengyou Campus Chapters
- Engaging the online community through growing our jobs, events and Q&A resources
- Research, scan and compile social media reports related to our programs and missions
- Pitching and writing content on US-China topics for the Project Pengyou blog & marketing copy
- Administrative support duties
- Prepare logistics and participate in strategic team brainstorms
- Assist in event management duties
- Web development & design assignments
- Video production assistance
- Ability to handle own travel and accommodations in Beijing
- Can commit to at least 2-3 months on a part-time/full-time basis
- Highly organized, with attention to detail
- Self-starter but works well with a team
- Bilingual, with either English or Chinese as native language
- Passion for the Project Pengyou mission of service and building constructive relations between the U.S. and China
- Strong writer, especially for online content
- Avid social media user
- A natural sense of how to deliver a fun, smooth user experience online
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Photoshop / Adobe Illustrator
- Video/Film editing skills
(Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Intern positions are unpaid. We will provide the required invitation letter to assist interns in obtaining their visa in China.)
APPLY TO JOIN OUR TEAM!: