Asian Pop-Up Cinema
When and Where
16/09/2015 - 04/12/2015
Come watch a diverse range of great Asian films with English subtitles in Chicago!
Asian Pop-Up Cinema is a revolving film screening program showcasing a series of diverse Asian movies (primarily in Cantonese, Mandarin, Japanese & Korean languages) with English subtitles during the fall/winter/spring seasons. All the screenings will take place either in downtown Chicago at AMC River East 21 (322 E Illinois), or in the Northern suburbs at the Wilmette Theatre (1122 Central Ave). Each screening, except for the Opening Night and Closing Night films, will be followed by a 20-minutes question and answer session moderated by invited visiting or local Asian specialist and film critics. Award-winning screenwriter, Columbia College Chicago Associate Professor in Cinema Art + Science, and host of the popular Cinema Slapdownseries, Ron Falzone will be the lead moderator for the 1st season.
All of these films are genres of celebrated works with stories that transcend the different languages told and performed by award-winning filmmakers and super-stars from Asia. Most of these films will never get wide releases in Chicago, Asian Pop-Up Cinema presents to you this unique opportunity of seeing them all on the big screens here. See you at the screenings!
AMC River East 21
322 E. Illinois
1122 Central Avenue
AMC River East 21, Film Only tickets:
- General Public – $13.00
- Opening Night – $15.00
- Student/Senior 65+ – $10.00 (not valid for Opening Night)
- *5-Film Pass at AMC River East 21 – $35
Wilmette Theatre, Film Only tickets:
- General Public – $10.00
- Closing Night – $15.00
- #Student/Senior 65+ – $7.50 (not valid for Closing Night)
- *5-Film Pass at the Wilmette Theatre – $35.00
Special Event Tickets:
- Opening Night (Reception + Film + 1 Raffle Ticket) – $65/ticket (Reception at Lao Sze Chuan on Michigan Ave followed by screening at AMC River East 21)
- Buy Your Opening Night, Closing Night (screening + party) and “5-Films-Pass” for either theatre by clicking here.
- *5-Film Pass is valid for either The Wilmette Theatre or AMC River East 21, and excludes Opening Night and Closing Night films. You must redeem all five films at the same time by presenting copy of the order confirmation before your first screening.
Box offices of the specific theatre where the particular film is playing will start selling individual film-only tickets August 15 onward.
All tickets sales are final, non-refundable and non-exchangeable. All programs are subject to change.