The Future Of Food
When and Where
3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Penn Wharton China Center
No. 1 East Third Ring Middle Road Chaoyang District
How will the world nutritiously and sustainably feed 9.7 billion people by 2050?
Smallholder farmers, the people who grow food in small plots of land generally adjacent to their family home, provide the majority of the world’s food supply. Yet they are most often living in poverty and lacking the financial means and education to access technologies that could immensely increase their efficiency and yield. How might we align incentives to enable smallholder farmers to leverage agricultural technologies to compete in the global market?
- Dr. Shui Lin, Director of Design Thinking Innovation Center at the Communications University of China
- Stuart ODA, Co-Founder and CEO of Alesca Life
- Amy Shi, Engagement Manager, Global Agriculture McKinsey and Company
- Daniel Singer, Agribusiness Entrepreneur and VP of Directa
- Camilla Stelitano, Global Shaper