We are pleased to announce that the Educational Office, Embassy of the People’s Republic of China, in Washington, D.C., has approved the following Chinese Government Scholarship awards for undergraduate students attending AASCU member colleges and universities.
Looks like there are no Admins yet in this group!
Interested in becoming an admin?
Group Admin Application
Please fill out our short questionnaire to apply for admin privileges
As an Admin, you will be this group’s community builder! You will have the following privileges and responsibilities:
1. Appoint members who will post announcements/documents to the pinboard.
2. Edit information about the group.
3. Post/delegate members to post group updates/events, job opportunities, etc.
4. Keep the group engaged by posting fun and resourceful content!
5. View Group statistics to understand your group’s demographic makeup.
Thanks for filling out this short form! We’ll review it shortly and let you know if you’ve been selected.
- Headquartered in
- Washington D.C.
- Arlene Jackson (Director of International Education)
- (202) 478-7834
Scholarship Award Details
- The scholarship is designated to the Chinese universities, not to the individual students. Please first go to the Resource Section for a list of Chinese universities that are eligible to accept foreign students and receive Chinese Government Scholarships. The universities with “*” are highly recommended. After you decide which three universities that you would like to go, be sure to select the same universities on the online application at China Scholarship Council website:http://laihua.csc.edu.cn
The academic program in China begins in late August/early September 2015 and is expected to complete in July 2016.
For details, see Application Instructions under Resource Section.
- Legal permanent residence in the United States
- Full time students enrolled in AASCU institutions
- With overall GPA ≥ 3.0
- Strong interest in Chinese language and culture, and promoting exchanges between the United States and China
- Scholarship items:
Each scholarship is valued at approximately $10,000.00 US dollars. The scholarship will be distributed to the host university in China, not directly to the student. International round trip airfare is the responsibility of the student.
The scholarship includes:
- Room and Board
- Health Insurance
- Travel/Conference Allowance/fees
- Finish the Chinese Government Scholarship application at Chinese Scholarship Council: http://laihua.csc.edu.cn
- Build your application package (two sets of each document):
- Printed online application form with picture attached
- Notarized photocopy of highest diploma
- Photocopy of transcript from the student's AASCU college or university (at least one of them is official transcript)
- Two recommendation letters from academic advisors or senior administrators
- Personal statement listed with the applicants study purposes and objectives
- Chinese language proficiency exam score (HSK) if ever taken; knowledge of Chinese is not required, but preferred.
- A list of three academic institutions in China where you would like to study
- Application Deadline: April 10, 2015
- Mail the required application material should be sent by April 10, 2015 (by post mark), and the mailing address is:
National Coordinator for AASCU
China Programs, International Education
American Association of State Colleges and Universities
1307 New York Avenue, N.W., 5th Floor
Washington, D.C. 20005
- 10 months, 1 week ago
- 1 year ago
- 2 years, 3 months ago
- 2 years, 6 months ago
- 2 years, 11 months ago
- 2 years, 11 months ago
- 3 years ago
Job postings from Project Pengyou’s jobs
Posted by Ena Gimenez
Posted by Liuyin Xiao
Posted by Jenna Ludwig
Upcoming China-related events.
- Tuesday, Apr 24
Saturday, Apr 14
Huangyaguan Great Wall, Jizhou District, - Tianjin, Huangyaguan Great Wall
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
posted by Trio Events