The Critical Language Scholarship (CLS) Program is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State and provides overseas foreign language instruction and cultural enrichment experiences in 13 critical need languages for U.S. students in higher education.
Looks like there are no Admins yet in this group!
Interested in becoming an admin?
Group Admin Application
Please fill out our short questionnaire to apply for admin privileges
As an Admin, you will be this group’s community builder! You will have the following privileges and responsibilities:
1. Appoint members who will post announcements/documents to the pinboard.
2. Edit information about the group.
3. Post/delegate members to post group updates/events, job opportunities, etc.
4. Keep the group engaged by posting fun and resourceful content!
5. View Group statistics to understand your group’s demographic makeup.
Thanks for filling out this short form! We’ll review it shortly and let you know if you’ve been selected.
- Headquartered in
- Washington, D.C.
- Address: Critical Language Scholarship Program American Councils for International Education 1828 L Street NW, Suite 1200 Washington, D.C. 20036
- Phone: 202-833-7522
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The CLS Program is part of a U.S. government effort to expand dramatically the number of Americans studying and mastering critical need foreign languages. Undergraduate, master's and doctoral-level students of diverse disciplines and majors are encouraged to apply for the seven-to-10-week-long programs. Participants are expected to continue their language study beyond the scholarship period, and later apply their critical language skills in their future professional careers.
- All applicants must be U.S. citizens.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in a U.S. degree-granting program at the undergraduate or graduate level.
- Current undergraduate students must have completed at least one year of general college course-work by program start date (one year is defined as two semesters or three quarters).
- Be in acceptable mental and physical health. Grantees will be required to submit a satisfactory Medical Information Form and Physician’s Statement.
- Applicants must be 18 by the beginning of the 2012 CLS Program.
- Please see CLS Institute Language Levels for more information on language pre-requisites for individual institutes.
Apply by filling out an online application on the American Councils CLS website.
In 2013, the CLS Program is offering the following locations for the Chinese Language Institutes:
- 10 months, 2 weeks ago
- 1 year ago
- 2 years, 3 months ago
- 2 years, 6 months ago
- 2 years, 11 months ago
- 2 years, 11 months ago
- 3 years ago
Job postings from Project Pengyou’s jobs
Posted by Ena Gimenez
Posted by Liuyin Xiao
Posted by Jenna Ludwig
Upcoming China-related events.
- Tuesday, Apr 24
Saturday, Apr 14
Huangyaguan Great Wall, Jizhou District, - Tianjin, Huangyaguan Great Wall
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
posted by Trio Events