Goucher is the first college in the U.S. to require study abroad paired with a travel stipend of $1,200 for every undergraduate. Goucher offers study abroad courses in China for marketing, Chinese language and international business.
Looks like there are no Admins yet in this group!
Interested in becoming an admin?
Group Admin Application
Please fill out our short questionnaire to apply for admin privileges
As an Admin, you will be this group’s community builder! You will have the following privileges and responsibilities:
1. Appoint members who will post announcements/documents to the pinboard.
2. Edit information about the group.
3. Post/delegate members to post group updates/events, job opportunities, etc.
4. Keep the group engaged by posting fun and resourceful content!
5. View Group statistics to understand your group’s demographic makeup.
Thanks for filling out this short form! We’ll review it shortly and let you know if you’ve been selected.
- Headquartered in
- Towson, Maryland
- David Grossman
- Goucher College 1021 Dulaney Valley Road Baltimore, MD 21204-2794
The first college in the nation to pair required study abroad with a special travel stipend of $1,200 for every undergraduate, Goucher believes in complementing its strong majors and rigorous curriculum with abundant opportunities for hands-on experience in the world.
Through internships, community service, and study abroad -- and a first-rate arts and sciences academic program -- Goucher teaches its students to engage the world as true global citizens.
Goucher\'s study abroad in China include:
- A World of Difference: Marketing in China and Hong Kong: This program is offered for any business, management, international business, or economic student. The emphasis of this trip is on companies and organizations operating in Asia learning to work with a variety of cultures. Students will visit over 20 businesses and organizations in Hong Kong, Shanghai, and Beijing.
- China Past, Present, Future: Finding its roots in Asian philosophy and encompassing many other disciplines, "China: Past, Present, and Future" is an Intensive Course Abroad, generally offered every other May, that offers a sweeping exploration of China\'s history and current social and political situation.
- Chengdu, China Chinese Studies: The Chengdu program is ideal for students who are interested in experiencing life in one of the most ancient, culturally fascinating and authentic places in all of China. Chengdu is also one of the most important economic centers and transportation and communication hubs in the country. This semester of year-long program, offered through USAC, offers the opportunity to learn Mandarin Chinese, a language which is becoming increasingly popular in the global marketplace.
- Shanghai, Chinese and International Business Studies: The semester of year-long Shanghai program, offered in partnership with USAC, is ideal for students who are interested in studying the economic and business environment of China and East Asia. Once a sleepy fishing town, Shanghai is now the hallmark of China’s booming economy. It is the perfect place for you to learn about the business environment of East Asia and study Chinese language.
- 11 months, 2 weeks ago
- 1 year, 1 month ago
- 2 years, 4 months ago
- 2 years, 7 months ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years, 1 month ago
Job postings from Project Pengyou’s jobs
Posted by Samantha Kwok
Posted by Samantha Kwok
Posted by Erin Degerman
Upcoming China-related events.
Wednesday, May 30
1957 E. Street, NW - Washington, The George Washington University's Elliott School for International Affairs
posted by Jenna Ludwig
Monday, May 14
35 W 44th St - New York City, Harvard Club, NY
1:30 pm - 9:30 pm
posted by DaQuann Chung