Tsinghua University is often ranked as the first or second best university in mainland China. The school was first established in 1911 as a preparatory school for Chinese students later sent to study in the United States. As of 2003, Tsinghua University had 12 colleges and 48 departments, 41 research institutes, 35 research centers, and 167 laboratories, including 15 national key laboratories.
Looks like there are no Admins yet in this group!
Interested in becoming an admin?
Group Admin Application
Please fill out our short questionnaire to apply for admin privileges
As an Admin, you will be this group’s community builder! You will have the following privileges and responsibilities:
1. Appoint members who will post announcements/documents to the pinboard.
2. Edit information about the group.
3. Post/delegate members to post group updates/events, job opportunities, etc.
4. Keep the group engaged by posting fun and resourceful content!
5. View Group statistics to understand your group’s demographic makeup.
Thanks for filling out this short form! We’ll review it shortly and let you know if you’ve been selected.
- Address: Foreign Student Affairs Office, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, P. R. China Fax: +86-10-62771134
- Undergraduate Programs Tel: +86-10-62784857 Email: email@example.com
- Graduate Programs Tel: +86-10-62788503, 62788197 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advanced Study/Student Exchange Programs Tel: +86-10-62773076 Email: email@example.com
- Chinese Language Programs Tel: +86-10-62784621, 62771142 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In fall 2011, more than 3,450 international students from 112 countries are studying at Tsinghua University. Seventy-two percent of the international students are pursuing Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctoral degrees, and twenty-eight percent visiting for advanced studies, joint research, or Chinese language study. The numbers of the students from the Republic Korea, United States, Germany, Japan, France, Canada, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Australia, United Kingdom, Thailand, Italy, Vietnam and Russia rank the top 15.
Tsinghua University has the largest number of international graduate students among China’s universities. There are nearly 1,200 international students pursuing Master’s or Doctoral degrees at Tsinghua, and many of them are graduates of world-famous universities such as Harvard University, MIT, Stanford University, UC-Berkeley, Oxford University, University of Cambridge, and University of Tokyo, etc.
In the academic year 2012-2013, Tsinghua University will offer 38 Bachelor’s degree programs, 98 Master’s degree programs and 76 doctoral degree programs to the international students. In particular, eleven of the Master programs and one of the doctoral programs are delivered in English.
Moreover, Tsinghua University also offers non-degree programs such as advanced study, student exchange, joint research, Chinese language study, and short-term/summer programs to the international students.
- 1 month, 2 weeks ago
- 3 months, 4 weeks ago
- 1 year, 6 months ago
- 1 year, 9 months ago
- 2 years, 2 months ago
- 2 years, 2 months ago
- 2 years, 3 months ago
Job postings from Project Pengyou’s jobs
Posted by Jia Wei Teo
Posted by Rochelle Yang
Posted by Samantha Kwok
Upcoming China-related events.
Friday, Oct 20
3607 Trousdale Pkwy - Los Angeles, USC Tutor Campus Center, Grand Ballroom
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
posted by Rochelle Yang
Sunday, Aug 27
Market Square, Knoxville, TN 37902 - Knoxville, Market Square
11:00 am - 6:00 pm
posted by Karisma Wilson