This annual nine-week program is open to all Vassar students. It runs from late May to late July and is taught by the faculty members of the Institute of International Education of Qingdao University.
Looks like there are no Admins yet in this group!
Interested in becoming an admin?
Group Admin Application
Please fill out our short questionnaire to apply for admin privileges
As an Admin, you will be this group’s community builder! You will have the following privileges and responsibilities:
1. Appoint members who will post announcements/documents to the pinboard.
2. Edit information about the group.
3. Post/delegate members to post group updates/events, job opportunities, etc.
4. Keep the group engaged by posting fun and resourceful content!
5. View Group statistics to understand your group’s demographic makeup.
Thanks for filling out this short form! We’ll review it shortly and let you know if you’ve been selected.
- Headquartered in
- Kathleen Panebianco, Staff
- Address: Vassar College Department of Chinese and Japanese, Box 285, 124 Raymond Ave, Poughkeepsie, NY 12604
- Phone: 845-437-7630
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Four hours of intensive language instruction each morning on weekdays;
- One hour of one-on-one oral practice with a native Chinese college student most afternoons
- One to two weeks of home stay with a Chinese family;
- Weekend excursions to cultural sites: Beijing (Forbidden City, Great Wall, Beijing streets), Confucius’ Residence, Temple and Tomb, Mount Laoshan (Taoist Mountain), Yisiling Vineyard, Qingdao Brewery, Old and New Qingdao including museums, architecture, markets, residential areas, a variety of stores and restaurants, etc.;
- Interactive recreational activities with Chinese faculty members and students;
- Adequate amount of time for students’ self-study and attending mini-courses on culture.
- An opportunity for individual students to visit other areas of China on their own after the program ends.
With a full immersion in a Chinese environment, a student can achieve the same amount of language training that an on-campus whole-year language course can offer, especially in speaking and hearing skills. In addition to the achievement of the language skills at a certain level, a student will have first-hand experience with Chinese people, their society and culture, which will have far-reaching significance in his/her personal and academic growth.
The program provides an opportunity for individual students to fulfill the one-year foreign language requirement or the Chinese language requirements and achieve language skills at the same time. With a satisfactory completion of one session in the summer program, a student can continue to study the language at a higher level the following fall semester. With such a program, it is possible for a student who started their study of Chinese language in his/her sophomore or junior year to fulfill the requirement for a Chinese Correlate or the language requirement for a Chinese Major or other majors, (such as Asian Studies and International Studies) which count the language toward their requirements. The summer program in China would also make it possible for a student to fulfill his/her desire to study in China while reserving his/her junior year for study abroad in another country. With opportunities to take summer courses as letter-graded Vassar credits, students who are deeply interested in Chinese language studies can devote more time during the school year to their other academic interests.
- 1 month, 2 weeks ago
- 3 months, 3 weeks ago
- 1 year, 6 months ago
- 1 year, 9 months ago
- 2 years, 2 months ago
- 2 years, 2 months ago
- 2 years, 3 months ago
Job postings from Project Pengyou’s jobs
Posted by Preeti Singh
Posted by Samantha Kwok
Posted by Rochelle Yang
Upcoming China-related events.
Friday, Oct 20
3607 Trousdale Pkwy - Los Angeles, USC Tutor Campus Center, Grand Ballroom
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
posted by Rochelle Yang
Sunday, Aug 27
Market Square, Knoxville, TN 37902 - Knoxville, Market Square
11:00 am - 6:00 pm
posted by Karisma Wilson