Administrative Assistant for the Office of Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs | Duke Kunshan University
by Sophie Cheung
on June 13th, 2018
The Administrative Assistant for the office of the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs (VCAA) will provide administrative and office support to the office of the VCAA, and will also assist the new undergraduate degree program in coordination with other academic program staff. Reports to: Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
- Be responsible for calendar management, event planning, and travel arrangements for the VCAA, requiring interaction with both international and domestic executives and assistants, and coordinating a variety of complex schedules and meetings. Also assist the Director for Faculty Affairs and Associate Director of Center for Teaching and Learning for travel arrangements.
- Draft internal and external communication materials, and take meeting minutes.
- Review and summarize various reports and documents; prepare background documents and outgoing communication as necessary.
- Answer phone calls from Chinese academic institutions and DKU faculty, and respond to emails received from them as requested.
- Receive and interact with incoming visitors.
- Manage the budget of the VCAA office, including submission of financial receipts and processing travel reimbursements for the VCAA office.
- Partner with other administrative staff to accomplish tasks.
- Assist the new undergraduate degree program in partnership with other program staff.
- Other tasks assigned by the VCAA.
- University employees’ job responsibilities will continue to expand in scope and depth as the University grows in size and complexity in its programs
- Candidate should at least possess an undergraduate degree. Graduate degree is preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience in administrative, education, communication or other related occupations. An aptitude for performing administrative tasks desired.
- Ability to resolve complex administrative problems independently.
- Excellent organizational skills and excellent problem-solving ability.
- Strong communication, relationship building and internet search skills are essential.
- Strong English writing and verbal communication skills.
- Must have good skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Access. Must adapt well to new technologies.
- Ability to work within a team environment, and attention to details.
- Being Bilingual in both Chinese and English languages.
How to Apply