Content Manager at European Union Chamber of Commerce
Looking for Native English speaker who would be willing to travel occasionally
The Content Manager’s primary responsibilities will be:
· Lead the generation of content that engages Chamber’s lobbying stakeholders and results in measurable action.
· Supporting, developing and formulating chapter and Chamber strategy with the secretary general, general managers and other national heads.
· Managing the overall process for the production and delivery of all major Chamber print publications, including content, budgeting, scheduling, translation, design and layout, editing, proofreading and printing.
· Producing EURObiz on a bi-monthly basis.
· Lead the delivery of EURObiz on a bi-monthly basis using internal and external channels. This includes conceptualising the theme; researching, commissioning, writing and editing all content; liaising with contributors; writing and conducting interviews; managing art direction and layout; and colour proofing.
· Manage EURObiz online, including re-purposing all articles and artwork for online publication and ensuring all articles have maximum search-engine optimisation.
· Oversee the distribution of EUROBiz, both online (website and app) and the hard copy.
· Supervise the process for production of all major Chamber print publications including EURObiz, the Position Paper, local position papers, the Business Confidence Survey and other reports.
· Lead the editing of all major Chamber print publications, including Position Paper, local position papers, the Business Confidence Survey and other reports, to ensure the quality and accuracy of language and consistency of messaging across all publications.
· Proofread all Chamber print publications to ensure final copy is high quality and error free.
· Lead planning of the editorial calendar and coordinate contributors for growing online content of EURObiz.
· Edit the Chamber national newsletter and Beijing local newsletter.
· Coordinate with marketing team on strategies to increase traffic to the EURObiz website.
· Develop a thorough understanding of Chamber lobbying issues and ensure Chamber messages are communicated and distributed effectively and consistently through all channels (newsletters, magazine, website and other publications).
· In coordination with the GA team, mapping, prioritising, developing and maintaining close relations with key Chinese and European authorities/organisations
· Input in Chinese and EU GA-related work
· Work closely with local chapter teams and other functional teams.
· Identify and organise new business research and information gathering
· Develop new communication initiatives serving for lobbying
· Participate in new project development and/or presentations
· Manage and develop two staff to help deliver the above tasks:
– Publications Coordinator
· Support the design and creative needs of all departments and chapters.
· Ensure the publication process is within budget and on schedule.
· Manage overall responsibility for planning the annual publications budget.
· Ensure that all planned publications do not exceed budget.
· Provide a forecast for the publications budget on a monthly basis.
· Provide an accurate cost breakdown for any new, out-of-budget spend that is requested by the secretary general and other chapters.
Other duties required by the general manager and secretary general
Find out more about the Job Requirements, here!