Government Partnerships Officer | World Food Programme
by Sophie Cheung
on August 7th, 2018
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are currently seeking a P2 External Relations/Reports Officer with our Country Office in Beijing, China. The P2 External Relations/Reports Officer will be responsible for all reports and English language publications for the WFP China office. Excellent English writing skills are required as well as the ability to analyze data and synthesize concise reports for a wide range of audiences.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Contribute to the implementation of the work plan for the assigned area, to ensure timely and cost-effective delivery of results, in accordance with WFP and Corporate Partnership strategy.
- Maintain effective relationships with member states, UN agencies, NGOs, host government and other partners, to keep them informed on important, strategic operational WFP issues.
- Attend meetings with the UN and other multilateral bodies, NGOs, member states, taking notes, sharing information, and supporting joint information programmes to increase WFP’s profile, and protect its interests.
- Contribute ideas for opportunities to develop new and existing synergies with other UN agencies to senior external partnership officers to support more effective and efficient approach to food assistance.
- Provide information to member states, UN agencies, NGOs, host government and other partners on the strategy, design, relevance and impact of programmes, to advocate the work of WFP.
- Collate and share relevant discussion and feedback on programme activities and issues of priority to WFP, gathered from member states, UN agencies, NGOs, host government and other partners, to engage them with inter-governmental/inter-agency discussion and inform future activities.
- Gather inputs from WFP that will contribute to inter-governmental/inter-agency work, to ensure that WFP positions are properly explained and taken into account in decision making.
- Maintain awareness of current activities, political and social events of UN and other multilateral bodies/governments, conduct analysis to understand how they may impact WFP activities and programmes and provide timely information to WFP staff for decision-making.
- Collate, analyze and communicate the ‘Essential Elements of Information’, pertaining to the operational environment and available human, financial and physical assets in order to facilitate access to timely and accurate information used at country, regional and corporate level.
- Support the preparation of Standard Project Reports (SPRs) for the Annual Reporting Exercise in collaboration with the country office programme, by coordinating to ensure coherence and quality of performance information.
- Contribute to identifying Corporate Performance Reporting Improvements.
- Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analysis and queries.
- Other as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Advanced University degree in Political Science, International Development, Development Economics, Marketing Communications or other relevant fields, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
- Experience: Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience.
- Language: Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has contributed to the implementation of the work plan for assigned area
• Has maintained effective relationships with member states, UN agencies, NGOs, host government and other partners
• Has guided and supervised more junior staff, supporting them with more complex analysis and queries
How to Apply
Apply at https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/786208134/
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 22 August 2018