Part-Time Internship | US-China Business Council
The US-China Business Council (USCBC) is a private, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization of roughly 200 American companies that do business with China. USCBC is seeking a part-time intern for its Programs division, the meetings and events planning branch of USCBC. All internship work must be performed in USCBC’s Washington, D.C. office.
The Programs intern works directly under the supervision of the director and manager of the programs department to assist in preparing and executing various USCBC meetings and special events, including semi-monthly briefings, annual conferences, a gala fundraiser, and special events hosting ranking US and PRC government officials. In recent years, guests of honor at events hosted or co-hosted by USCBC have included heads of state, senior officials, and high-level diplomats.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in strategic planning and implementation of event logistics such as pre-event and onsite registration procedures, room setup, security, protocol and post-event wrap-up.
- Track and draft reports on member-outreach, event participation, and underwriting of selected events, including annual Gala fundraiser.
- Update benchmark studies on membership dues and fundraising structure packages by other organizations.
- Provide administrative support in preparation for events, including briefing materials, and maintain event archives and inventory.
- Other programmatic and administrative duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications
- Candidates must be available to work 20 hours per week and make a 12-month commitment from the start date. Summer hours can be full-time, but school-year hours (August to May) will be part-time.
- Preference will be given to candidates with work experience in meeting and events planning, including past volunteer work with non- and for-profit organizations, campaigns, university activities, or past employment in the hospitality industry. Commitment to outstanding customer service is a must.
- Applicants must demonstrate proven organization abilities and the skill to manage multiple tasks with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Must be comfortable with Microsoft Office (particularly Excel), CRM/association database or event planning software, and online research. Familiarity with data analytics a plus.
- Demonstrated eagerness for innovative problem-solving, and a proactive team member. Flexible with ability to prioritize tasks.