Program Officer | National Committee on U.S.-China Relations
by Sophie Cheung
on June 21st, 2018
The primary focus of this position is to help run the Public Intellectuals Program, a multi-year effort designed to enhance connections between the next generation of China specialists, policymakers, and the public. Other duties will include running the annual Strategic Issues Forum in partnership with Peking University’s Institute of International and Strategic Studies, with potential for working on projects such as congressional staff delegations to China, study tours for Chinese government officials in the United States, the Foreign Policy Colloquium, among others.
Our small staff must be flexible and wear many hats, including performing administrative work related to her/his programs. Regular domestic travel and one or two annual trips to China are expected.
The successful candidate will be a strong spokesperson for the organization when interacting with a variety of interlocutors, committed to and knowledgeable about the National Committee’s mission, and have broad-based knowledge of China. Professional proficiency in Mandarin and good writing skills are both required. Grant-writing and program evaluation skills or the willingness and ability to acquire these skills, are a strong asset. The program officer will report to the vice president.
- Broad-based knowledge of China
- Highly organized, detailed oriented, and strong time-management skills
- Good writing/editing skills
- Professionally proficient in Mandarin
- Flexibility and willingness to work in a fast-paced environment
- B.A. required; M.A. preferred; Ph.D. welcomed
- U.S. citizenship or green card required
- Minimum of two years of project/program management
- One or two years of living/working in China a plus
- Capable of and enthusiastic about engaging with Chinese and Americans on a wide variety of topics relevant to the U.S.-China relationship
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject line "Program Officer Application." References will be requested from those selected for interviews.