Senior TOEFL Instructor
Elite Scholars of China (ESC) is looking for a full-time Senior TOEFL Instructor to join its American-managed team in Beijing! ESC helps China’s most motivated students gain admission to and succeed at America’s best colleges.
Elite Scholars of China (ESC) is looking for a full-time Senior TOEFL Instructor to join its team in Beijing! ESC helps China’s most motivated students gain admission to and succeed at America’s best colleges.
Want to join a team who:
· Believes in the power of mentorship?
· Values an entrepreneurial spirit?
· Celebrates a cross-cultural workplace?
· Fosters an intellectually stimulating environment?
As a Senior TOEFL Instructor, you will:
· Teach high school students in small classroom settings and in one-on-one tutoring sessions. In this role, you will make a huge difference in the lives of top Chinese high school students by helping them achieve the test scores necessary to apply to top US universities and colleges and achieve their dreams.
· Develop and teach small discussion-based workshops about American cultural topics aimed at improving student English ability outside of a TOEFL context.
· Assist in designing and teaching foundational English skills that specifically promote English reading literacy, strengthen EAP writing skills and coach effective communication skills.
This is a full-time, initial two-year position based in Beijing.
· EFL/ESL teaching experience required
· TEFL/TESOL or CELTA certificate preferred (100+ hours with assessed teaching practice)
· Excellent writing, reading, and presentation skills
· Highly personable and able to foster strong relationships with students
· Able to work well with students, build their confidence, and encourage their ideas
· Will uphold the values and high ethical standards of ESC
· Experience and passion for curriculum development and assessment
· Great interest and belief in the strength of mentorship
· Experience working with Chinese students preferred, but not required
Compensation and Benefits
Annual salary with bonus totals up to USD 54,000 (monthly salary is USD 3,667; annual bonus of up to USD 10,000). Due to tax requirements and social security benefits the salary range for Chinese nationals who are offered this position is adjusted slightly.
ESC will cover the costs for one-way travel to Beijing. In-between the first and second years of the contract, ESC will also provide up to USD 650 in airfare to visit home or another location of the instructor’s choosing. ESC will also arrange and pay for a Chinese visa.
ESC team members enjoy a range of benefits including subsidized healthcare, a gym membership and other wellness programs. For new team members not currently residing in Beijing, ESC will assist with finding lodging in Beijing.
About Elite Scholars of China
Elite Scholars of China (ESC) is the premier education consulting company in China and aims to educate China’s top high school students about their undergraduate options in the United States. ESC offers high-quality college-counseling services, SAT, ACT and TOEFL test preparation, US college tours and workshops to China’s academically accomplished high school students.
ESC students have been admitted to every top American college and university, including: Amherst, Brown, Caltech, Carleton, Colby, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, Duke, Emory, Harvard, Haverford, Middlebury, Northwestern, Princeton, Pomona, Stanford, Tufts, University of Chicago, University of Pennsylvania, UC Berkeley, Vassar, Wellesley, Wesleyan, Williams and Yale.
ESC was co-founded eight years ago and is managed by Stacy Palestrant (BA, Wellesley & MBA, Chicago Booth) and Tomer Rothschild (BA, Wesleyan & MBA, Wharton). ESC is based in Beijing – next door to the US Embassy.