Elite Scholars of China (ESC) is seeking an experienced EFL/ESL professional to join our team in Beijing as a full-time TOEFL Instructor for highly-motivated Chinese high school students.
TOEFL Instructor in Beijing, China
Elite Scholars of China (ESC) is expanding our TOEFL Department and is seeking a TOEFL Instructor to join our team in Beijing, China. ESC helps China’s brightest and most promising high school students apply to America’s most prestigious colleges.
* As a TOEFL Instructor, you’ll teach high school students in small classroom settings and in one-on-one tutoring sessions. In this role, you will make a huge difference in the lives of top Chinese high school students by helping them achieve the test scores necessary to apply to top US universities and colleges and achieve their dreams.
* In this role, you will also develop and teach small discussion based workshops about American cultural topics aimed at improving student English ability outside of a TOEFL context.
* Furthermore, our test preparation department is shifting its focus to develop a broad EFL curriculum. In this role you will assist in designing and teaching foundational English skills that specifically promote English reading literacy, strengthen EAP writing skills and coach effective communication skills.
This is a full-time two-year position.
* EFL/ESL teaching experience required
* TEFL/TESOL or CELTA certificate preferred (100+ hours with assessed teaching practice)
* Excellent writing, reading, and presentation skills
* Highly personable and able to foster strong relationships with students
* Able to work well with students, build their confidence, and encourage their ideas
* Will uphold the values and high ethical standards of ESC
* Experience and passion for curriculum development and assessment
* Great interest and belief in the strength of mentorship
* Experience working with Chinese students preferred, but not required
ESC employees enjoy a range of benefits including subsidized healthcare, a gym membership and other wellness programs, and free daily lunch. For applicants not currently in China, ESC will assist with finding lodging in Beijing. ESC will also arrange and pay for a Chinese visa and travel. Salary is commensurate with experience.
About Elite Scholars of China
Elite Scholars of China (ESC) is the premier education consulting company in China and aims to educate China’s top high school students about their undergraduate options in the United States. ESC offers high-quality college-counseling services, SAT, ACT and TOEFL test preparation, US college tours and workshops to China’s academically accomplished high school students.
ESC students have been admitted to every top American college and university, including: Amherst, Brown, Caltech, Carleton, Colby, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, Duke, Emory, Harvard, Haverford, Middlebury, Northwestern, Princeton, Pomona, Stanford, Tufts, University of Chicago, University of Pennsylvania, University of California – Berkeley, Vassar, Wellesley, Wesleyan, Williams and Yale.
ESC was co-founded eight years ago and is managed by Stacy Palestrant (BA, Wellesley & MBA, Chicago Booth) and Tomer Rothschild (BA, Wesleyan & MBA, Wharton). ESC is based in Beijing – next door to the US Embassy.