TOEFL Teacher in Beijing, China
Elite Scholars of China (ESC) is hiring a full-time TOEFL Teacher to join our team in Beijing, China. ESC helps China’s brightest and most promising high school students apply to America’s most prestigious colleges.
* As a TOEFL instructor, you’ll teach high school students in small classroom settings and in one-on-one tutoring sessions. In this role, you will make a huge difference in the lives of top Chinese high school students by helping them achieve the test scores necessary to apply to top US universities and colleges and achieve their dreams.
* Additionally, our test preparation department is shifting its focus to develop a broad EFL curriculum. In this role you will assist in designing and teaching foundational English skills that specifically promote English reading literacy, strengthen EAP writing skills and coach effective communication skills.
* EFL/ESL teaching experience required
* TEFL/TESOL or CELTA certificate preferred (100+ hours with assessed teaching practice)
* Excellent writing, reading, and presentation skills
* Highly personable and able to foster strong relationships with students
* Able to work well with students, build their confidence, and encourage their ideas
* Will uphold the values and high ethical standards of ESC
* Experience and passion for curriculum development and assessment
* Great interest and belief in the strength of mentorship
* Experience working with Chinese students preferred, but not required
ESC employees enjoy a range of benefits including subsidized healthcare, a gym membership and other wellness programs, and free daily lunch. For applicants not currently in China, ESC will assist with finding lodging in Beijing. ESC will also arrange and pay for a Chinese visa and travel. Salary is commensurate with experience.
About Elite Scholars of China:
Elite Scholars of China (ESC) aims to educate China’s top high school students about their undergraduate options in the United States. ESC offers high-quality US college tours, summer programs, workshops, SAT, ACT and TOEFL preparation, and college-counseling services to China’s academically accomplished high school students. Our students have been accepted to every Ivy League university, and other top universities and liberal arts colleges in America, such as: Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Columbia, Stanford, CalTech, MIT, UC Berkeley, UChicago, Northwestern, Wellesley.
ESC was co-founded and is managed by Stacy Palestrant (BA, Wellesley & MBA, Chicago Booth) and Tomer Rothschild (BA, Wesleyan & MBA, Wharton).