Asia Society Video Contest: Submit Your #WhySpeakChinese Video to Win Tickets to China!
Record a short video on social media before May 31st sharing the reasons why you speak Chinese for a chance to win two roundtrip flights to China!
We know all Pengyous, no matter if you’re a native Chinese speaker or a beginner, understand the immense educational, career, and life benefits of Mandarin study. That’s why we’re excited to share this video contest opportunity with you for the chance to win two roundtrip flights to China!
In order to win the grand prize, submit your video before May 31st! In addition, leading up to the deadline, a few creative, fun, and/or inspirational videos will be chosen each week to receive a #whyspeakchinese tshirt. Here’s how to enter:
- Make a short (up to 1:30) video, in English, to include the following components:
- Start by asking the question: “Why speak Chinese?”
- Introduce yourself and explain why you’re passionate about studying Chinese.
- Tell us something else you’re passionate about (aside from studying Chinese)
- End your video by saying: “Why speak Chinese? That’s my reason. How about you?”
- Post your video on Instagram or Twitter. Make sure you hashtag it #WhySpeakChinese.
- Instagram accounts must be public order to be eligible and must include the hashtag #WhySpeakChinese.
- Twitter accounts must be public in order to be eligible and must include the hashtag #WhySpeakChinese and tag @AsiaSocietyEDU.
- Get as many of your friends and family as you can to “like” your video!
Here are a few examples of video submissions thus far:
— Sophia Kelley (@wenxiin_tweets) April 9, 2017
— Jackson Redd (@JaxRedd25) March 31, 2017
Check out whyspeakchinese.org for more information and don’t miss out on this easy way to win a trip to China!
About Asia Society’s Center for Global Education
China Learning Initiatives, part of the Center for Global Education at Asia Society, aims to make Chinese language and culture more approachable and accessible for students and the public. The Center for Global Education’s vision is to empower youth from all countries and cultures to have the capacity to create, participate in, and benefit from a peaceful and prosperous world. The parent organization, Asia Society, is dedicated to promoting mutual understanding and strengthening partnerships among peoples, leaders and institutions of Asia and the United States in a global context.