Communications Officer x 2 | Global Environmental Institute (GEI)
The Global Environmental Institute (GEI) is a leading Chinese non-governmental organization (NGO) established in Beijing in 2004. We are currently looking to recruit 2 Communications Officers – 1 native English speaker and 1 native Chinese speaker – to join our existing team in Beijing.
The Global Environmental Institute (GEI) is a leading Chinese non-governmental organization (NGO) established in Beijing in 2004. GEI’s mission is to design and implement market-based models to solve environmental problems and realize sustainable development in China and overseas. Our programs cover Energy & Climate Change, Biodiversity Protection, Capacity Building, and Investment, Trade & the Environment. For more information please visit our website: http://www.geichina.org/
We are currently looking to recruit 2 Communications Officers – 1 native English speaker and 1 native Chinese speaker – to join our existing team in Beijing.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading Chinese environmental organization at a time of exciting change and progress, as China looks to balance economic development with environmental protection.
Location: Beijing, China
• Work as part of the communications team to produce communications material including GEIh aannual report, project reports, newsletters, press releases, etc. The native English speaker will be responsible for writing/translating/proofreading all English language communications material.
• Work with GEI’s dedicated program teams to design new projects and develop proposals to secure funding.
• Update, maintain and expand GEI’G social media such as facebook, twitter, etc.
• Build and maintain good relationships with peer organizations, donor institutions, government agencies, etc. Represent GEI at conferences and industry events (potential for travel in China and overseas).
• Organize communications events.
• Fulfill other tasks required of the communications team.
• Bachelor’s degree or above.
• Must be a native English speaker. Ability to communicate in Chinese is also required (fluency in Chinese considered a plus).
• 2+ years of related work experience (required to obtain a working visa, which will be provided after completion of a successful probation period).
• Excellent cross-culture communication skills and writing ability.
• Interested in environmental issues and NGO work.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Good computer skills, ability to process photos and edit HTML pages considered a plus.
• Reliable and well-organized, with high attention to detail.