International Communication Specialist, China | Arizona State University
The international communications specialist assists in the development and implementation of communication flows and materials for a variety of projects that effectively promote Arizona State University to potential international students and related audiences with the overall goal of growing enrollment at ASU. Specifically this role will work directly with the Chinese market translating and planning communication efforts in China, in addition to markets across the globe.
- Supports the development of creative, effective and targeted communications and marketing campaigns using a range of mediums (print, multimedia, electronic, web, and Chinese social media) designed to elicit a desired response, such as earning a degree from ASU.
- Researches emerging markets and manages social media accounts run though Chinese firms.
- Develops, in coordination with the International Communication Manager, marketing communications messages for Chinese and international audiences and makes recommendations to best serve institutional needs.
- Writes, produces and assists in the communication for Chinese email campaigns and newsletters, schedules emails using JIRA and evaluates effectiveness by looking at open and click rates.
- Translates key materials into Mandarin Chinese for consumption in target markets.
- Assists the Communication Manager with print publications, ensuring deadlines are met and materials are on brand.
- Conducts effective market research for the purpose of understanding, segmenting and targeting groups of potential international students.
- Builds and maintains strong working relationships with all staff and stakeholders.
- Provides excellent customer service to stakeholders and constituents, is collaborative and transparent with all work.
Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications, Marketing, Education or a related field AND four (4) years of related work experience in the development of comprehensive and creative communication; OR Eight (8) years of related work experience; OR Any equivalent combination of experience and or education from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved. Certificates from recognized programs that verify mastery of tools and techniques relevant to the assignment may substitute for up to six (6) months of experience.
- Evidence of language fluency in English/Mandarin Chinese, both written and verbal.
- Experience working in global education or a higher education environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of marketing channels and social media and used in China and around the world.
- Experience with email marketing and knowledge of interpreting open/click rates and A/B testing.
- Demonstrated knowledge of working with Chinese agents and parents.
- Communicate with students, staff and general public in person, verbally or in writing.
- Lift up to 15 pounds.
- Use computer and other electronic devices to research, write, edit and document marketing projects.
- Answer telephone.
- Frequent sitting on chair at desk or work area.