Key job responsibilities:
· English editing and copywriting, primarily for Chinese telecom and consumer electronics companies. Specifically, this involves ensuring clarity, native-like style, technical accuracy, standard grammar & mechanics, cultural appropriateness, and adherence to client-specific requirements.
· Discussing decisions about content with clients and other team members
· Contributing to team training meetings
· Evaluating document quality and providing widely applicable suggestions for improvement
· Native English speaker familiar with US English standards (any nationality)
· Writing, editing, or translation experience
· Bachelor’s degree
· Strong independent research skills
· Logical and critical thinking skills
· Willingness to accept and incorporate critical feedback
· Some familiarity with Chinese work culture
· Chinese reading ability, for referring to Chinese source documents and copywriting briefs
· A writing-heavy educational background
· Familiarity with documentation-related programs such as Madcap Flare
Any other information:
· Occasional onsite work in different areas of Shenzhen may be required.
· Although Chinese ability is not required, it is strongly preferred. Candidates without at least an intermediate level of Chinese will be considered only if they are otherwise outstanding.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and any writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org
. The deadline for applicants is March 15th.