We are seeking a Technical Writer/Editor who is willing to learn and can empower our client to achieve their global expansion goals.
Key job responsibilities:
· Editing user guides, marketing collateral, interface strings, etc. that have been translated from Chinese to English. Specifically, this involves ensuring clarity, native-like style, technical accuracy, standard grammar & mechanics, cultural appropriateness, and adherence to client-specific requirements.
· Referring to Chinese source materials to understand the intended meaning
· Discussing decisions about content with translators and other team members
· Evaluating document quality and providing widely applicable suggestions for improvement
· Contributing to team training meetings
Necessary skills & qualifications:
· Native English speaker familiar with US English standards (any nationality)
· 1 year of editing, writing, or translation experience
· Bachelor’s degree
· Some Chinese reading ability
· Strong independent research skills
· Logical and critical thinking skills
· Willingness to accept and incorporate critical feedback
· Some familiarity with Chinese work culture
Desirable skills & qualifications:
· Familiarity with enterprise IT (data management and protection, cloud services, etc.) or related fields
· A writing- or technology-heavy educational background
Any other information:
· The focus will be on enterprise IT, but other editing, content creation, and transcreation opportunities may also be available pending strong performance.
· This position involves receiving training and feedback from a senior editor who is preparing to be transferred to another client.
· Onsite work in Bantian, Shenzhen may be occasionally required.