Founded in 1898, Peking University (PKU) is the first national university in Chinese modern history, as well as the top rated university in China, owing to the abundant teaching resources and outstanding research level. Peking University now consists of 31 colleges and 14 departments, offering 101 undergraduate programs, 224 postgraduate programs, and 202 doctoral programs.
Looks like there are no Admins yet in this group!
Interested in becoming an admin?
Group Admin Application
Please fill out our short questionnaire to apply for admin privileges
As an Admin, you will be this group’s community builder! You will have the following privileges and responsibilities:
1. Appoint members who will post announcements/documents to the pinboard.
2. Edit information about the group.
3. Post/delegate members to post group updates/events, job opportunities, etc.
4. Keep the group engaged by posting fun and resourceful content!
5. View Group statistics to understand your group’s demographic makeup.
Thanks for filling out this short form! We’ll review it shortly and let you know if you’ve been selected.
- Address 1 : Peking University, No.5 Yiheyuan Road Haidian District, Beijing, P.R.China 100871
- Address 2: International Students Division, Office of International Relations Shaoyuan Building 3, Peking University, Beijing
- International Students Division Tel: +86-10-6275 1230
- E-mail: email@example.com (Long-term programs), firstname.lastname@example.org (Short-term programs), email@example.com (Pre-University program)
Founded in 1898, Peking University was originally known as the Imperial University of Peking. It was the first national university covering comprehensive disciplines in China, and has been a leading institution of higher education in China since its establishment. It also served as the highest administration for education at the beginning of its founding.
In 1912, the university adopted its present name. At the end of the 20th century, the Chinese government put Peking University at the top of its agenda for promoting higher education, with the aim to build a world-class university in the 21st Century. After merging with Beijing Medical University in 2000, Peking University once again was strengthened in its disciplinary structure.
Peking University has continually played the essential role of pioneers in the course of China's modernization. The university's traditional emphasis on patriotism, progress, democracy, and science, together with its educational standards of diligence, precision, factualism, and innovation, have been passed down from generation to generation.
- 11 months, 2 weeks ago
- 1 year, 1 month ago
- 2 years, 4 months ago
- 2 years, 7 months ago
- 2 years, 12 months ago
- 2 years, 12 months ago
- 3 years, 1 month ago
Job postings from Project Pengyou’s jobs
Posted by DaQuann Chung
Posted by Samantha Kwok
Posted by Ryan Huang
Upcoming China-related events.
Wednesday, May 30
1957 E. Street, NW - Washington, The George Washington University's Elliott School for International Affairs
posted by Jenna Ludwig
Monday, May 14
35 W 44th St - New York City, Harvard Club, NY
1:30 pm - 9:30 pm
posted by DaQuann Chung