Youth Leadership Symposium
When and Where
30/07/2018 - 03/08/2018
The US-China Strong Foundation
2101 L Street NW Suite 800
Join the US-China Strong Foundation & Perfect World for the Youth Leadership Symposium from July 30 – August 3, 2018!
Perfect World (PW), a world-renowned Chinese gaming company and USCS supporter, is sponsoring a group of 30 English-speaking undergraduate students from The University of Electronic Science and Technology of China to travel to the U.S. for a three-week program to develop leadership qualities and immerse themselves in American culture. The students will be visiting Maryland, Washington, D.C. and New York. During their second week in the U.S., USCS will host these students and lead a week-long series of diverse activities, which will include the participation of American students. These activities include attending conferences with leading U.S. government and business representatives, iconic D.C. official events such as a tour of The Capitol, and leadership development workshops. Events include, but are not limited to, the following activities:*
- Dinner Reception with the Education Minister Counselor
- Executive Leadership Seminar hosted by Gideon Culman, founder of K Street Coaching
- Keynote Speeches by leading government and business representatives
- Crisis Simulation Module hosted by Johns Hopkins University
- Tour of the U.S. Capitol
- Team-building community service project
- Quintessential 1940s American Swing Dancing at the Jam Cellar
- Nationals vs Reds baseball game at Nationals Park
- Tour of iconic D.C. museums such as The Museum of American History and The African American Heritage Museum
US-China strong is seeking friendly and engaging American delegates to welcome Chinese students to D.C. No prior knowledge of China or Mandarin is needed. Accepted students are required to attend all 18 planned events spanning the 5-day Symposium; exceptions will be made for emergency situations.
Registration is free, and all events and meals are included!
- Currently enrolled undergraduate or graduate student
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 5. Applicants will be selected on a rolling basis.