Studying abroad in China can be an amazing experience, but the costs can sometimes be prohibitive to students worried about debt and loans.
That’s why we’re excited to share a rare opportunity from former Project Pengyou WKU Chapter leader, Kate Hua. Beijing Geosita Universal Information Services LLC, (Kate is a Project Manager,) has put together a fully-funded program that will provide you with a competitive visa that will enable you to study Mandarin at one of the top language schools in the country, while also allowing you to legally work and cover costs.
Read on to learn more about what the program entails and how you can apply to be among the first group of students to come to China through this program.
The Chinese Internship Grant (CIG)
The CIG is a one year program in Beijing that allows students to study in China as well as make contributions locally to education. Students will be placed in Mandarin language courses at Beijing Foreign Studies University (BFSU) based on their HSK results (placement levels include elementary, intermediate, or advanced). In addition, you can choose from over 60 interesting elective courses, such as Tai Chi!
At the same time, you will also teach between 15-20 hours a week of English courses as an intern at a partnering school. Though courses will be conducted through an online platform, you will have the opportunity to interact with a diverse group of coworkers from around the world.
What is Provided
- A scholarship covering the full amount of tuition at BFLU.
- One-on-one consulting to guide you through the application process.
- A housing allowance of up to 1,200 RMB per month that will go towards dormitory costs.
- An internship grant of up to 5,000 RMB per month that will cover most living expenses.
- A reimbursement of up to 10,000 RMB to cover plane ticket costs (will be given once you have completed the program).
- A competitive visa that will allow you to both study and intern legally. A reimbursement of the visa application fee will be given at the end of the program.
- A reimbursement of the school application fee will given at the end of the program.
How to Apply
If you are between the ages of 18 and 55, are a current university student, or already have a degree, then the Chinese Internship Grant is perfect for you! To apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes the following documents:
- A scanned copy of your passport (must be valid for at least 18 months from the application date).
- A scanned copy of your official school transcript.
- Any previous HSK test scores for reference (optional).
- A resume in English, including a photo (your face must be clearly visible).
- A video self-introduction between 1-3 minutes in length. You should mainly discuss your relevant experiences and the reasons why you want to come to China.
Applications are due by January 10th, 2018!
About Beijing Geosita Universal Information Services LLC
Founded in 2015, Beijing Geosita Universal Information Services LLC is a joint venture between Beijing Normal University (BNU) and the Grandtopeak Group in China. They have gained the attention of important people in Chinese higher education, including current President of the company, Dr. Jiang Lu who also serves as a supervisor at the Management School of BNU, as well as distinguished professors Lin Chongde, Lao Kaisheng, and Pei Dina who have joined the team as educational consultants.
With the guidance of the State Administration of Foreign Expert Affairs and Beijing Administration of Foreign Expert Affairs offices in China, Beijing Geosita Universal Information Services LLC has expanded their services to include Introduction of Expatriate Talents, Management and Training, Research and Development, and Intercultural Communication. They also provide training focused on helping foreigners in China to become familiar with local laws and regulations, allowing them to successfully adapt to work and life in the country.