Program Associate｜Environment Defense Fund
by Camila Hernandez
on October 10th, 2018
The Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is currently searching for a Program Associate to facilitate and support management in EDF New York offices with the daily programmatic, communication, operation needs between EDF China program in China with the US and other International offices.
With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 630 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and results are a way of life.
To facilitate and support management in EDF New York offices with the daily programmatic, communication, operation needs between EDF China program in China with the US and other International offices.
- Support Senior Manager, Global Strategy – China Program in liaising with program management, program staff, finance staff and development staff to develop proposal/report submission.
- Coordinate to ensure smooth information flow between regional office with that of the headquarter, review monthly reports of actual vs. budget results; investigate, analyze and explain variances from budget for income and expense line items; and advise program managers, program staff and finance staff on trends and issues of concern.
- Apply excellent organizational, communication, and planning skills by responding to requests for information and project management, helping to coordinate activities and projects for the China team and preparing correspondence and reports as needed.
- Support meetings and document meeting via excellent note-taking and meeting minutes;
- Organize internal and external meetings as assigned;
- Facilitate in internal and external information collection, translation, summary and compilation;
- Translation or editing between English and Chinese documents required;
- Administer contracts for consultants, including assistance in writing, processing contracts, and working with program staff and consultants to ensure the obligations of contracts are fulfilled and invoices are submitted in a timely fashion.
- Maintain schedules and provide travel arrangements for program leadership (Program Director and Deputy Director).
- Oversee the administrative processes of the team, including expense reporting and invoice processing. Follow through with Finance staff to ensure these payments are made.
- Manage other administrative tasks associated with staff, consultants and interns, including logistics, office needs, and telecommunications.
- Maintain and update file libraries for team.
- Assist Program staff and other colleagues to better communicate and coordinate on joint projects.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required or Master’s degree with 3 years of experience.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Creativity, energy, and the ability to multi-task and get work done under pressure.
- Experience with budgeting, accounting and/or bookkeeping.
- Excellent management and administration skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to work as a strong team player, while at the same time able to work independently and as a self-starter.
- Ability to work independently, and successfully handle and prioritize diverse, simultaneous tasks.
- Proficiency in the use of PCs and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Must be bilingual, fluency in both English and Chinese (Mandarin), verbal, written and oral skills required
Preferred Education and Experience
- Interest in environmental advocacy is preferred.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant’s qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
How to Apply
If interested, please visit https://careers-edf.icims.com/jobs/2295/program-associate%2c-china-program/job?mobile=false&width=960&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=480&jun1offset=480 and